Posted by : Unknown
Finishing application is an important step for each creative project: protective varnishes protect our works and bring out the colours.
the right finishing is not always easy to choose, according to the materials and to the colours used. For all these reasons, we want to share a little, useful guide to select the best finishing.
SPRAY FINISHINGS MATT (KES05) AND GLOSSY (KES04)
Perfect to protect all that projects in which the brush pressure could ruin colours and 3D details. Once dry, the spray protect the surface and avoids iperfections dues to a careless and hasty application of those who are novice. Spray finishes reduce the application time.
PROTECTIVE VARNISHES (KE04 e KE05)
This is a "classic" product. They're water based and transparent varnishes, with an high protection power. They shiuld be applied by brush and you can choose between a glossy or a matt final effect.
MATT FINISHING WAXED EFFECT (KE38M o KE38G)
Ideal on furniture and little objects, especially combined with Home Deco Paint colours collection. This varnish makes the object soft to the touch and waterproofs it, preserving the "velvety" Home Deco effect.
|Home Deco Shabby Chic Set - by Angela Lagrotta|
FINISHING FOR WASHABLE OBJECTS
- Glossy Finishing Solvent Based (KE17M): it can be applied on protective varnishes, to make them washable, even objects decorated with Cracklé, using a wet rag.
- Water based Wash It finishing (KE16M): studied in particular for Dècoupage works and painted projects, once dry it protects the objects, that can be washed even into the dishwasher.
- Super Soft Finish (KE25S): transparent, water based, perfect on all the surfaces. A single coat is enough to create a protective velvety layer on the object.
- Glossy Gel Finishing (KE27M): water based glossy finishing. Thanks to its consistency, it uniforms the paper and the background (suitable for Découpage, Mixed Media and projects decorated with papers). It must be applied using a soft flat brush.
- ANTIQUED EFFECTS:
- Lacca Scurente (KE08M): dark antiquing finishing, ideal to give a "vintage" look to your projects. It must be applied by brush.
- Laccanticante (KE06): it gives an old-looking patina to the objects ,lighter then the Lacca Scurente, it is often used with Purpurine,to create covering golden effects.
- CRYSTAL EFFECT:
- Crystal Finish (KE30M) and Crystal Drop (KE30S /KE30GL): both are made with acrylic resin, transparent and ready to use, create a crystal effect. Crystal Finish must be applied by brush, while Crystal Drop can be directly applied using the practical spout. Crystal Drop is available also in a special "Glitter" version.
- Crystal Resin (KEN02): very transparent, bi-component (ratio1:1),suitable to create thick protective layers and to incorporate little objects. Super glossy final effect.
GILDING FINISHING (KE13G)
Alcool based product, it should be used on Gold Foil or Foiling, protecting them from oxidation.
Many Stamperia glues are studied as finishings, too. First of all Mix Media Glue (DC28M), it perfectly waterproofs the paper. Also Satin Vernicolla (KE19M) and Matt Vernicolla (KE24M) and all the decoupage glues.